I’m stoked to have found this great video from the folks behind Australia’s National Permaculture Day, happening this year on May 6th. One of the things that I think is powerful about Permaculture is that it takes a hands-on and solution oriented approach to global challenges and encourages folks to do what they can, where they are, with what they have. Creating a national day of independent but linked local events is a great organizing strategy – very similar to the strategy that Occupy movements around the world are using to organize May Day 2012 events just a few days earlier, on May 1. It may be a coincidence that these two events happen so close to each other, but I don’t think it has to be.
- Wise Up, Rise Up! Sagesse Radicale: Radical Wisdom in Quebec this fall.
- PDC At Terra Nova 2012: Special Focus on Permaculture for Small Farms and Urban Farming
- Community Abundance growing in Powell River
- Urban Permaculture Design at Langara College – Spring 2012
- Creating Community Abundance: Permaculture course in Powell River in 2012!
- Overgrow, Everywhere!
- Finished Chalkboard!
- Cob project update! With photos.
- In Defense of “Professional Teachers.”